What Workman’s Compensation Insurance Covers
Workman’s Compensation is a system that is designed to help your employees who have become sick or injured due to their work environment or conditions. So, what exactly does Workman’s Compensation insurance cover?
- Deceased worker benefits. In the event that an employee passes away, his dependents will be entitled to a lump sum payment as well as help with paying for burial expenses.
- Medical expenses and treatment. This includes emergency care, follow-up treatment with doctors and specialists, rehab visits, and transportation expenses.
- Missed work during recovery. The weekly benefit amount is usually 66.7% of the worker’s average weekly earnings, allowing the employee to be paid while continuing to recover from his injury or illness.
- Permanent impairment compensation. Some work-related injuries result in a permanent impairment that will affect the worker’s ability to complete specific jobs. Even minor work-related injuries could qualify for small payments for permanent disabilities.
- Vocational rehabilitation. If a worker can no longer work in the original field and needs to change jobs, job retraining or education costs may be payable through a Workman’s Compensation policy.
Are you ready to find out how you can protect your employees with Workman’s Compensation insurance? Contact us today to set up an appointment. We can also discuss your other business needs to ensure that you have all the insurance coverage required to keep you and your investments safe.